U-Boot v2018.07 released, our contributions
BayLibre has continued contribution to the open-source community as seen with this new version of U-Boot v2018.07, released on 27th July 2018.
This release permits booting over an USB Mass Storage (USB Stick or Hard Drive) with EFI on the Libre Computer AML-S905X-CC board !
With U-Boot 2018.07, you can download the nighly Debian-Installer or OpenSuse TumbleTweed, copy U-boot to a blank SDCard, copy the installer to an USB, plug USB and SDCard, boot and install !
Here is a summary of our contributions:
Amlogic SoC family:
- Add support for the USB PHY and Controller on the Meson GXL (S905X, S905D) SoC based on the Linux version done by Martin Blumenstingl
- Add Analog-to-Digital (ADC) driver based on the Linux version done by Martin Blumenstingl
- Add Amlogic Reset Controller
- Add ADC cli command
- Sync DT with Linux 4.17
- Add “bulk” commands for Reset and Clocks + tests
- Add dwc3-of-simple USB DWC3 simple Glue driver based on the Linux version
- Add support for any number of PHYs for the DWC3 controller