Linux Kernel 4.16 released
BayLibre has continued our contribution to the Linux community as seen with this new version of Linux Kernel 4.16, released on April, 1st 2018. An excellent summary of this release can be found at KernelNewbies.
Here is a summary of our contributions, organized by SoC family and a summary graph of contributions by developer.
Amlogic SoC family:
This release is important since it’s the first Linux release that can boot an Amlogic SoC with graphics with u-boot mainline, both unchanged !
- Finally enable the Video Processing Unit power domain and all the missing bit :
- drm/meson: Add missing VPU init
- drm/meson: dw_hdmi: Add support for an optional external 5V regulator
- ARM64: dts: odroid-c2: Add HDMI and CEC Nodes
- ARM64: dts: meson-gx: grow reset controller memory zone
- ARM64: dts: meson-gx: Add HDMI_5V regulator on selected boards
- ARM64: dts: meson-gx: add VPU power domain
- dt-bindings: display: amlogic, meson-dw-hdmi: Add optional HDMI 5V regulator
- dt-bindings: display: amlogic, meson-vpu: Add optional power domain property
- This means you can download Linux v4.16 and U-Boot v2018.01, build them, flash them and you will be able to boot to graphics with HDMI on most Amlogic S905, S905X and S912 supported boards !
- drm/meson: fix vsync buffer update : fix a long-time issue causing glitches when rendering directly using GBM
- Jerome improved the Meson S905X/S905D/S912 internal ethernet PHY support by :
- net: phy: meson-gxl: add interrupt support
- net: phy: meson-gxl: use genphy_config_init
- net: phy: meson-gxl: add read and write helpers for banked registers
- net: phy: meson-gxl: define control registers
- net: phy: meson-gxl: check phy_write return value
- ARM64: dts: meson-gxl: add internal ethernet PHY irq
- Jerome added the “clock protection” feature to the clock framework
- Add support for the the Variscite DART-MX6 SoM and Carrier board with LVDS display
- media: uvcvideo: Add a quirk for Generalplus Technology Inc. 808 Camera
- ARM: davinci: fix the GPIO lookup for omapl138-hawk
- i2c: davinci: fix the cpufreq transition
- Corentin did some cleanup in the crypto directory and some overall remove of unused code/documentation